- Fisk University Rosenwald Database
Search the Fisk database for Rosenwald building information: http://rosenwald.fisk.edu/?module=search (more information from the National Trust for Historic Preservation).
- Rosenwald School Day Program. Negro School Improvement Day Program of Exercises, Friday, March 6th, 1931. The Julius Rosenwald Fund for “The Well-Being of Mankind.“. Raleigh, N.C.: State Supt. of Public Instr, n.d.
- Julius Rosenwald Fund, and Edwin R. Embree. Julius Rosenwald Fund: Review of Two Decades, 1917-1936. Chicago: [publisher not identified], 1936.
Julius Rosenwald Fund. Committee on school plant rehabilitation. Improvement And Beautification of Rural Schools: Report of Committee On School Plant Rehabilitation. Nashville, Tenn.: Issued by Julius Rosenwald fund, 1936.
- Brown, Claudia R. “A Survey of North Carolina’s Rosewald Schools.” N.C. State Historic Preservation Office. February 10, 2003. http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/rosenwald/rosenwald.htm (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Eckholm, Erik. “Black Schools Restored as Landmarks.” The New York Times. January 14, 2010. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/15/us/15schools.html (accessed January 1, 2015).
- “History of the Rosenwald School Program.” National Trust for Historic Preservation. http://www.preservationnation.org/rosenwald/history.html (accessed January 1, 2015).
- “Voices of Rosenwald School Program.” National Trust for Historic Preservation. http://www.preservationnation.org/rosenwald/podcast.html (accessed January 1, 2015).
- McCormick, J. Scott. “The Julius Rosenwald Fund.” The Journal of Negro Education 3. No. 4. October 1934. http://www.jstor.org/stable/2292184 (accessed January 1, 2015).
- Hanchett, Thomas W. 1988. “The Rosenwald Schools and Black Education in North Carolina“. North Carolina Historical Review. 65, no. 4 (accessed January 1, 2015).
- From the National Trust for Historic Preservation: Download the Preserving Rosenwald Schools Booklet. Learn about the history and legacy of Rosenwald Schools, read case studies of successful rehabilitation projects, find ideas for reusing the schools, and get helpful tips and suggestions for rehabilitating Rosenwald Schools in the Grassroots Guide to Preserving Rosenwald Schools. Download your own copy of Preserving Rosenwald Schools here.
- “Care of Negro Workmen” in The Southern Workman, pages 113-119
(includes photos of Badin facilities)
- Rosenwald Schools in North Carolina in The Southern Workman, Volume 49
- Booker T. Washington in The Southern Workman, Volume 49